FC2 Has its own home in NZ now.
The newest Female Condom, FC2, available in New Zealand only from GLYDE Healthcare, is a soft, transparent non latex sheath made of nitrile polymer. It is 17 centimetres long (about the same length as a male condom) with a flexible ring at each end. It is inserted into the vagina prior to sexual intercourse and provides protection against both pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) including HIV/AIDS. The inner ring aids insertion and secures the device in place during intercourse, while the softer outer ring remains outside the vagina.
Bulk supply Femidoms are available in either boxed packs of three (3) individually wrapped condoms, or in single packs. Each condom is designed for one use only. Instructions for use are printed on each Femidom pack.
The Femidom FC2:
- Provides both men & women with an additional choice to prevent unintended pregnancies and protection against STIs.
- Forms a barrier between the penis and the vagina, cervix and external genitalia
- Is strong, odourless and causes no allergic reactions.
- May be used with both water or oil based lubricants
- Can be inserted up to 8 hours prior to intercourse so will not interrupt sexual spontaneity, is not dependent upon male erection and does not require immediate removal after ejaculation
- Is not tight or constricting, feels sensual and natural
- Is the only new prevention technology invented since the HIV/AIDS epidemic
- Is the sole, female initiated protective method currently available
Ask your pharmacist to stock the Female Condom.